Invite User Issue

I have configured my emails but when I go to Admin and try to send a test email no email is sent, also when I try to invite more users and type in there email address it just brings up a blank browser page that says “the website can not display the page”.

After this page comes up there is still no new users and no test email at my address, I have checked the junk folder and all but still no email. I have pasted my emails settings below(obviously not displaying my details for security reasons).

Kegbot local settings.

Auto-generated by /home/kegbot/kegbot-server.venv/bin/setup-kegbot.py version 1.2.3.

Safe to edit by hand. See http://kegbot.org/docs/server/ for more info.

NEVER set DEBUG to True in production.

DEBUG = False
TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG

DATABASES = {‘default’: {‘ENGINE’: ‘django.db.backends.mysql’, ‘NAME’: ‘kegbot’, ‘HOST’: ‘’, ‘USER’: ‘root’, ‘PASSWORD’: ‘’, ‘OPTIONS’: {‘init_command’: ‘SET storage_engine=INNODB’}}}

KEGBOT_ROOT = ‘/home/kegbot/kegbot-data’

MEDIA_ROOT = ‘/home/kegbot/kegbot-data/media’

STATIC_ROOT = ‘/home/kegbot/kegbot-data/static’

SECRET_KEY = ‘z4+q0ay!q4h%ml9-i-4ih+p4=nk2a$h8_c5#$oo@g#&xp(ee@+’

Tell Kegbot use the SMTP e-mail backend.

EMAIL_BACKEND = ‘django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend’

SMTP server hostname (default: ‘localhost’) and port (default: 25).

EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.live.com
EMAIL_PORT = 25

Credentials for SMTP server.

EMAIL_HOST_USER = '@hotmail.com
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = '
******'
EMAIL_USE_SSL = False
EMAIL_USE_TLS = True

“From” address for e-mails.

EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS = ‘*****@hotmail.com

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

John

Have you tried using port 587?

I have changed the port number and now it says the email has sent but no email is received by the person I invite.

Do you get the test email?

No im still not getting the test email either.

try making ssl true and tls false
and try port 587

I tried the suggested changes and they still did not work, I changed the ssl back to false and tls back to true and lef the port number at 587 and it has started to work fine. The only other change I have made is adding a WiFi dongle to get it off ethernet, I don’t know why this has fixed, but I am glad it has I am now able to ad users. Happy days.