After update kegbot wont backup

I rescently ran the update on my kegbot local server (not the one i have been building on digital ocean) and after the update it wont create the zip file for the backup. Has anyone else seen this. I am running this server in production mode if this helps.

I get it to backup, just get a 403 when trying to download it :frowning:

Interesting, that’s the problem I have with my backups on digital ocean. You can copy it via the terminal as a work around for now.

This sounds like a permissions problem, if so a chmod here or there will probably fix it. Can you paste the output of:

$ ls -ld /path/to/media/backups
$ ls -ld /path/to/media/backups/backup-whatever.zip

Tried this, no luck. Still getting the 403

Err, you need to paste the output of those commands here, so I can see what is going on. (They don’t do anything to fix the problem.)

Response for directory:

drwxr-x--- 2 kegbot kegbot 4096 Oct  3 00:04 kegbot/kegbot-data/media/backups/

Response for file:

-rw-r----- 1 kegbot kegbot 3170371 Oct  2 23:45 kegbot/kegbot-data/media/backups/XXXXXXXXX-kegbot-20141003-034511-9c27277fd6551c3247556c94bf29fba0e5fd5c31.zip

Sigh, I know just enough shell to be dangerous… I was also getting the same issue as Raine with the bad 403 when trying to download my backup.

I changed permissions on the backup folder

chmod 755 -R backups

Backups now download without the bad 403 error. Please let me know if this was not the correct way to fix and if it will cause issues in the future as again I am a noob.

1 Like