Email Configuration Problem

I’ve had my kegbot running for a good while but I’m just now configuring email. I’ve followed instructions on other threads and updated the local_settings.py with the gmail information. All seems fine, and there is nothing listed on what it takes to “commit” these changes, but I saved the file, restarted Kegbot, and yet I still get the warning that there is an Email Configuration Problem. There is some note that I should set the EMAIL_BACKEND, but other than the default setting, how am I to configure this? Any other tips? Any debug information that will tell me what is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

The email settings that I use for my configuration look like this:

# Tell Kegbot use the SMTP e-mail backend.
EMAIL_BACKEND = 'django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend'
EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.gmail.com'
EMAIL_PORT = 587
EMAIL_USE_SSL = False
EMAIL_USE_TLS = True

EMAIL_HOST_USER = '{email address at gmail}'
EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = '{gmail password}'
EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS = '{anything you want}'

Do you have a KEGBOT_BASE_URL set?

Pretty sure that’s the exact syntax I was using that was not working and causing weird problems in the admin UI. Would the KEGBOT_BASE_URL be set in the same local_settings.py? If so, no.

Alright - just copy/pasted your config in, configured it of course, and now I don’t get the weird admin ui bug, but I don’t get email working either - same warning that it’s not configured properly.

Just to make sure I’m not doing anything stupid, you weren’t implying that I should include the {} inside the quotes, were you?

What restart procedures do you use when you make a change like this. I’m using my standard:
sudo service nginx restart
sudo supervisorctl restart all kegbot

The KEGBOT_BASE_URL does go in the local_settings.py file, and it is the URL that you use to access the kegbot from the internet.

Where are you getting a warning? You do not need the {}, but I put everything in single quotes ‘’.

I normally do not restart ngix, and all I do to restart:
sudo service supervisor restart

Alright - I added the KEGBOT_BASE_URL line into the local_settings.py. I did it in the form of http://.com - saved, restarted supervisor, same warnings. Note that the warnings read as follows:

Warning: E-Mail Configuration Problem
E-mail is not properly configured; no mails will be sent. Please read the docs for more information (hint: set EMAIL_BACKEND and EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS in local_settings.py).

I don’t know what it is about those settings in particular, but one seems obvious and the other doesn’t really seem configurable. Is there something I can check on that one? Is there something I have to do to set it up?

Can you post the contents of EMAIL_BACKEND and EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS?

EMAIL_BACKEND = 'django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend’
EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS = ‘[email protected]