Enabling wiegand?

Hi all,

I found the link below on the old forum, which describes enabling wiegand functionality.

http://old-forum.kegbot.org/discussions/diy-corner/39-hid-card-reader-weigand-with-kegbot

When I disable ID12 & enable wiegand, I get errors when I compile:

SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp.o: In function __vector_3': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:305: multiple definition of__vector_3’
PCInterrupt.cpp.o:C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Temp\build2422306447369203055.tmp/PCInterrupt.cpp:143: first defined here
SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp.o: In function __vector_4': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:312: multiple definition of__vector_4’
PCInterrupt.cpp.o:C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Temp\build2422306447369203055.tmp/PCInterrupt.cpp:146: first defined here
SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp.o: In function __vector_5': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:319: multiple definition of__vector_5’
PCInterrupt.cpp.o:C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Temp\build2422306447369203055.tmp/PCInterrupt.cpp:149: first defined here

Any pointers are appreciated :smile:

Reviving this old post because I’m having the same issue, has anyone enabled wiegand successfully?

If so please post software versions, the arduino application version, and any other information that might be relevant.

Thanks

Ok I found a solution that is working for me. It’s definitively not elegant and don’t know if it has ramifications, but on my setup works as it’s supposed to: :slight_smile:

To fix the issue I commented out lines 65 through 78 of the kegboard file, the block of code now looks like this:

Snippet of code from line: 60 to line 83 showing the commented lines :

#if KB_ENABLE_BUZZER
#include "buzzer.h"
#include "tones.h"
#endif

//#if KB_ENABLE_ID12_RFID
//#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
//static SoftwareSerial gSerialRfid(KB_PIN_SERIAL_RFID_RX, -1);
//int gRfidPos = -1;
//unsigned char gRfidChecksum = 0;
//unsigned char gRfidBuf[RFID_PAYLOAD_CHARS];
//#endif

//#if KB_ENABLE_PARALLAX_RFID
//#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
//static SoftwareSerial gSerialRfid(KB_PIN_SERIAL_RFID_RX, KB_PIN_SERIAL_RFID_TX);
//int gRfidPos = -1;
//unsigned char gRfidBuf[RFID_PARALLAX_LEGACY_PAYLOAD_CHARS];
//#endif

#if KB_ENABLE_WIEGAND_RFID
#include "Wiegand.h"
#include "PCInterrupt.h"
#endif

Hope this helps.