[Errno 28] No space left on device

Hello Kegbot World…

Got an odd issue while trying to add a photo to a user. “[Errno 28] No space left on device” Can provide the full text of the error if needed. Any way to “clean up” a bit without blowing away my entire? Would love to keep using the system, still like to add photos to users, and would like to keep all the user data. If blowing away some of the older kegs is my only option any assistance would be appreciated there. Thanks in advance.

M.J.

How is your kegbot installed ? Linux / docker / etc ? Is the whole device actually out of space or you think the error message is wrong.

If Linux , try df -h to see how much space is left on the device and send through those results.

I’m not a complete expert here but will try to help if I can.

It is a VM running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. The drive was set up to 20 Gigs, and if VM Ware can be trusted, the drive still has at least 15.2 gigs free. DF -s yeilds the following:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 2.0G 4.0K 2.0G 1% /dev
tmpfs 395M 1.4M 394M 1% /run
/dev/sda1 19G 18G 18M 100% /
none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
none 2.0G 8.7M 2.0G 1% /run/shm
none 100M 48K 100M 1% /run/user
[email protected]:~$

Many thanks for the assistance myrison.

Mike

I don’t know if you got it figured out or not, but /dev/sda1 is full and that’s the root file system…so your OS will be more or less locked up until there’s room there.

you can look at lsblk and that’ll show you the size of the volume and the size of the partition. it’s possible that you have allocated additional disk space (your 15.2gb) but haven’t expanded the file system and/or partition.

Ubuntu 14 is old. If you haven’t setup logrotate you can probably find plenty of (years worth of) cruft to clean in /var/log