How does everything work? (board, android, server, python)

Realized I asked too much in one post. Breaking down into 3 separate posts

I’m looking at using a Kegbot to show how much volume is left in my keg. I still want to see realtime flow of a current drink, along with a total tally of what has been consumed.

I do not need any multi user profiles, multi keg profiles, or any other historical tracking of data (like any statistics from prior pours)

My question is, how does this entire setup work? I’m guessing the flow sensor connects to the Kegboard, which talks to Kegbot-android that runs on the tablet. Can the Kegboard be connected to a non-android device that runs python and Kegbot-python instead? It seems that Kegbot-android has Kegbot-server as optional, but Kegboard-python must talk to a Kegbot-server. What is Kegbot-server used for? What features are missing in Kegbot-android that are provided by Kegbot-server? Can I just hardcode the beer pictures and volume into the Android code instead?

I found the Kegbot API Guide, but I’m unsure if this is an API for the Kegboard, Kegbot-android, or Kegbot-server.

A block diagram of what connects to what (for what purpose) would be helpful.

Yes. There are legacy python daemons that do this, called pycore

Your keg/pour data has to be stored somewhere. Traditionally this is kegbot-server, think of it as a backend for whatever you’re using to interface with the kegboard (android, a linux box running pycore, etc).

Android, since it has local storage, can also do this for itself. It supports a subset of the full server.

Feel free to extend the android app!

1 Like