New Controller - Kegberry / Particle / Android

I have just set up my kegberry server and have a Particle proton running. I’ve wired a flow sensor using the GitHub code and I can see it in the Particle console so I know it is working properly.

I’m not sure what I’m missing, but I’ve set up my server and I have added some brewers and beer types. I’ve connected my android and can access the server.

I’m not sure how to set up my Controller. I added one manually but that doesn’t seem to be the right step. I tried to add a flow meter on the Kegbot Admin > Edit Controller but I’m not sure the Port name* to put here. I know the IP of my Particle and I believe the port number is 8321 per the code.

Any ideas? Do I do this on the Android? Kegbot Admin? Do I have to plug the Particle into the Raspberry Pi unit to get this to connect?

I’m sorry. So many questions!!!

@agrachmiel Andy, I’m not sure if you ever figure this out or if you have given up on Kegbot / Kegberry. I just came across this exact problem and figured I’d share the solution.

I had this setup and working a few years ago but never put it into production. There was an actual write up on how to get this all to work, although I can’t find it now.At the time, the app was still in the Google Play store. I signed up for beta, and got a version that had entries that allowed you to enter the hostname / IP address of the particle.

Flash forward to this week and I installed every version of the APK from the GIT repository without any luck in terms of a section to configure a particle based controller. Then I remembered that I had this previously setup on a different tablet. I dug it out and low and behold there was a running version of the app with the config section that is needed. I exported the app and transferred it to my new tablet and I’m happy to say it works without issue!

I’ve attached it to this post for anyone to use. I hope this is helpful!

Cheers!org.kegbot.app-d336bf1fe40a987d346a32ec463a587a.apk|attachment (3.9 MB)

1 Like

Support has been added in the most recent release. New Android build: 1.0.0-b88