Tablet List 2020

I’m looking to build another setup for a mate, preferably 10"+ tablet.

I’ve only ever used the nexus 7 2012.

Can people post their confirmed tablets with OTG charge + data working?

2 Likes

My tablet has smashed again!

Now needing to get myself a tablet. What is everyone using?

Still rolling with 2012 / 2013 nexus 7s.

1 Like

Yep it’s the only tablet I’ve ever used the nexus 2012. Would love a bigger screen though. Surely others out there are using different tablets!

I’ve been using the Acer Iconia A210 for quite a few years now. 10 inch tablet with USB and separate charging. I started with the Nexus 2012. I do wish the Acer had NFC like the Nexus.

You can find used Acer tablets on eBay since they are discontinued.

1 Like

Yes its best to rolling with this tab

If you are interested in tablets these days, my particle photon kegboard started to play up so it gave me the idea to try the arduino method directly. Picked up a arduino mega, and with the tablet was wondering if with the advent of USB C, and USB C passthrough charging, do the old issues around OTG etc get resolved. I have grabbed a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 lite, and an appropriate USB C hub with the pass through charging port, and connected up the newly compiled and uploaded arduino mega, and it seems to work well. So if you do have a tablet issue moving forwards, it can be a potential way to solve that problem with a newer tablet as long as it has the USB C charging port and you get the right sort of hub.

1 Like

Which hub did you get? I have another nexus 7 on its way out and need a replacement! I’ve always had the nexus 7 but they are getting hard to find