Temp sensor on Arduino

I’m finally adding a temp sensor to my setup and it doesn’t seem to be recognized. I’m not 100% sure that I’m connecting it to the correct spots on the arduino. It is a three wire sensor with Black, Red, and Green wires. Based on the pin mappings I’ve connected the Black to ground, Red to +5V, and green to Pin 7. Is this correct?

This is the sensor I’m using just in case it isn’t compatible.

Hi,

When I hooked up my temp sensor I tried the same way with no success. If I remember correctly the black wire was not ground but the green was. Try switching around…

/Bjorn

Thanks for the advice, I switched them around with no change. Does the app/server automatically detect that I’ve added a temp sensor or do I need to do something to force the detection? I was under the impression it was automatic but I don’t see it listed in the tap settings.

Hi!

You need to restart the server and if the temp sensor is correctly connected it shows up automatically under admin and tap settings. I remember I was surprised when I connected my temp sensor because the ordinary "color codes"on the wires were wrong. Try switching them around a bit. It is even possible that the red was the data wire and not 5V…

/Bjorn

I had similar issue. I resolved it by adding a 4.7K resistor between the signal wire (what goes to pin7 of the arduino) and +5V.
Make sure that the wires of the sensor are well connected.
I added the resistor, fired up the arduino, no need to restart the server or the tablet app, just went to Admin/Taps/EditTap/TapSettings and the temperature sensor magically showed up.
Once selected (you can select the same sensor for multiple taps if you only have a single temp sensor), the temp automatically appears on the tablet’s kegbot app.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll add a resistor as nothing has helped yet. Hopefully that works!

I’ll be wiring it up tonight. How exactly did you wire the resistor? I’m probably over-thinking this but did you directly connect the +5V on the arduino to pin7?

Never mind, it was pretty easy once I had it in front of me. Works great now. Thanks for the help!