Guest Account not as the default user

Looking through the old forum I saw where @mikey told @azrelix, there was an option on the kegbot app, to assign the default account to a user. Is this possible to do without using the app. The reason I ask, is I will not be using the kegbot with a tablet for sometime, since I don’t currently have one, and it isn’t in the near future. I have plenty of older iPhones and an one old HTC android phone in the house to use, but I don’t have a tablet.

I would like to be able to have multiple users be able to log in and track their stats, but until I can get to that point, I would like to be able to set the default user to my account. I am really the only one using the bot, most of the time.

I would love to see an Apple app.

FYI: https://github.com/Kegbot/kegbot-server/issues/159

You used to be able to set the default user in the Admin settings on the site, but that feature was removed.

So is there any way to change the default user? I hate that it’s guest each time. I’m the main pourer so would like it to default to me.

Yeah not sure why this feature was removed, it worked well for me.

I agree!

@celblazer did you ever figure this out? I have it working on my kegberry. I am not using a tablet so I don’t know how well it will work when you check in with a token.

I made this change in /home/kegbot/kegbot-server.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykeg/backend/backends.py

190 user = None 191 if username: 192 user = self.get_user(username) 193 else: 194 #user = models.User.objects.get(username='guest') 195 ############################################ 196 ### Added my login to be default user ### 197 ############################################ 198 user = models.User.objects.get(username='NEWDEFAULTUSER')