HowTo: Install Kegbot Server on Digital Ocean

The version could be the issue, are you using a USB otg or directly connecting it to the keyboard?

1 Like

USB OTGā€¦

(this forum wonā€™t allow a short reply as above so here is pointless filler)

i followed this perfectly and when i go to my ip it says bad gateway someone please help

Ninja, are you using a USB hub or does the meter go straight to the otg adapter (which it should if you have only one tap)

1 Like

It goes straight to Sir!

Go to the tablet app and select manage taps, does it show up there?

1 Like

Says not connectedā€¦

do you have a different usb cable you could try?

1 Like

I did with no improvement :frowning:

I just want to say thank you to Joshua White for all his assistance.

Can someone here tell me if company support is offered with this product? I sent an email to the company about the kit being out of stock with no reply. When I didnā€™t hear back, I created a thread and Mikey posted in it. He said he would post back in that thread and on Twitter once the items are in stock. I have since ordered and received my kit but no post in that thread, no Twitter update.

Once I got my kit up and running, I found an issue and began posting in this thread. I also sent a PM to Mikey about it.

No reply.

I received my Kegbot 5 days ago and it still does not work due to the app not recognizing that the flow sensor is connected (light of KegBoard does flash). The wife isnā€™t into this and canā€™t understand why I would spend this kind of money with a company that canā€™t reply.

My question is: is there any way to have someone at Kegbot troubleshoot this or am I on my own? If not, I have a Kegbot to return, a mounting system, and a Nexus 7.

Sorry if I sound pissy but Iā€™ve run many companies from one man band $25-50k in sales/year to $3M to 10M in sales and I always got back to my customers.

Thanks!

Sean

Do you remember which kernal you installed when you rooted you nexus 7?

1 Like

It wasnā€™t I - I bought it already rooted and upgraded to 5.1:

3.1.10-gf5d7b8b

Build LMY47D

While I was checking the build number, I noticed that the N7 wasnā€™t charging. When I swapped the cables around so the original charger/cable was connected, it charged just fine.

I suppose the OTG cable could be bad (even though the kegboard is getting a flow sensor signal when pouring).

Thoughts?

Thank you very much for sticking with me on this.

could be a bad otg, could also be the rooted kernel is conflicting with lollipop, could be that the person who rooted your device didnā€™t turn on otg charging. you could try booting into recovery mode and making sure that its on.

honestly I think the issue is lollipop. I would reflash the device back to kit kat and root it following the steps here

1 Like

I know I ran into some problems when I installed my setup where either the Nexus would not show charging or the controller would not show attached depending on the order in which the USB OTG/kegboard pro mini/Nexus 7 were connected. Same as you, I would get lights on the KBPM but the ā€˜no controller attachedā€™ message. Itā€™s been awhile so I canā€™t remember the order I took to finally get it to work, but I would start by trying to reconnect the USB OTG/KBPM/Nexus in different order and see if that brings you any luck. It frustrated the sh*t out of me at the time until I figured that out.

1 Like

Iā€™ll check if OTG is disabled and go back to Kitkat if needed. Iā€™ll report back.

I tried a number of permutations without success. I appreciate the post though!

Unfortunately I have not been able to do this. Iā€™m not familiar with what the PO has on this so it taking me time to figure out. I got into the section the mentions OTG however I am unable to change any of the settings.

The annoying part is my keg blew and is due for replacement today. Iā€™m picking up the new one so it will be a month before I can start with a new keg.

You could always open the keg and fill with water so you are not wasting beer while trouble shooting.

Here is a video on how to pull the spear out so you can fill it and the replace the spear

I was also think maybe you could see if some one has a differt tablet (like an Acer Iconia A210 or a ViewSonic VSD241) that would let you install the app and try it. If it works on the new table you know it is the nexus.

I donā€™t know anyone with those tablets so I went to check the KB for tablets that are known to work but the page doesnā€™t exist.

So I tried my Galaxy Tab 3 and I got an identical result.

It is probably the software the N7 is running. I tried flashing it with the build found on this forum but Iā€™m still having trouble. The previous owner that loaded the software was slated to help me this week was hit by a car (no kidding), broke his collar bone and some other bits so he is out of commission for a couple months.