Keg Cabinet + Kegbot Build

Hello! I figured although there isn’t a lot of traffic on here these days, that I would document my kegbot/kegerator cabinet build here to honor all the hard work that went into a truly cool software. Extra thanks to @johnnyruz for all his help. Without him, I would have given up on the software side of things.

Ok, let’s get to it. I purchased just a basic kegerator (Edgestar KC3000). I was going to put it in my garage, but I use my garage for my shop and I didn’t have too much extra room. So, I decided to put it in my office. Problem is the wife wanted a “fancier” look to it so it would go better with our decor. I compromised by agreeing to build a cabinet around it (while incorporating kegbot and a tablet). I plan to document that plan here.

Picture of Kegerator, and CAD drawing of my plan for the cabinet:

For my Kegbot, I decided to host it on a Raspberry Pi. and put a cheap Tablet with full size USB ports. I opted for two taps, with flow meters, and a temp sensor via communication from a arduino nano. I put the nano in a metal project box and will send the signals via rj45 cable down to the flow meters and temp sensor.

I put together a pretty basic assembly for the flow meters and temp sensor. I mounted them to a small box that could be mounted in the kegerator.

Next it was time to start construction of the cabinet. I opted for red oak and a raised panel style. I began with the portion that would house the tablet and taps (separate compartments).

IMG_7265

testing fit…IMG_7268 IMG_7267

I then moved on to the main cabinet. Here is a side panel to give an idea of the style.

Progress…

I ordered a drip tray:

Stained the cabinet black and installed marble on top

2 Likes

Very nice!

That is beautiful!! Very, very impressive and thank you for sharing this!

Thanks guys (for the compliments and the help along the way). I will continue to update this project until I pour my first glass. Working on the trim around the marble right now.

Small update. Added trim to clean up the edges where the marble is.

I bought a tower cooler, so I insulated the section where the beer lines will be housed.

What happened next? Any updates?

1 Like

I am sorry if I missed it but what tablet are you running?