Finally found a little time for Kegbot, and I wanted to share a work-in-progress, something I’ve wanted to tackle for a long time: Kegbot firmware for Particle devices.
If you’re familiar with Arduino, Particle’s boards are superior in virtually every way, for about the same price — and they include onboard wifi and an innovative development environment. Since we no longer develop Kegbot kits, and since USB support in Android is quite poor, I’m hoping this will become a great path forward for future Kegbotters.
Though it’s a very early work in progress, here’s what works now:
- Reads and totalizes flow sensor inputs (up to 4).
- Serial port and TCP streaming interfaces.
- Simple human-readable output stream - no need to parse binary messages.
- Flash and update firmware through the cloud (thanks particle!)
Here’s what’s left to do:
- Support in the kegbot-android app. You should be able to plug in an IP address and use it as a backend.
If you’re feeling adventurous, or would like to help, have at it! Cheers…